Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Staging: Just Paint it Tan?

I should paint every room tan, right?  That is a question I get a lot when I sit down with listing clients to talk about home staging. Every home staging is unique. Consider this picture:

This room is far from neutral.  But it is clean, fresh, inviting, balanced and lacks personalization. 

There is an adage in the real estate business that for every hour spent staging your home, you'll net $100.  I don't know if that's an exact correlation or not, but I do know that staging is very important in a high inventory market. And if your realtor isn't giving you advice on staging or enlisting professional stagers, then you're missing a critical factor of getting the most for your sale.

So, no, not every room has to be tan...but I will let you know if it does need to be changed.  When it comes to your house, I'll be honest yet respectful about how to stage your home for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment