Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How to Choose a Realtor

When choosing a realtor, you have about 7,000 possible candidates in central Indiana.  How to make the right choice?  Ask some good questions and trust your instincts.

1.  How will you communicate with me throughout the process?
2.  How will you educate me about the home buying process?                         
3.  How will you market my home for sale?
4.  What is your experience and education...in real estate and otherwise?

Notice that none of my suggested questions include the realtor's commission.  While you absolutely should ask about that and ultimately get it in writing, it should not be the question to qualify or disqualify the realtor candidate.  The fact is, while I provide an excellent value, I do not compete on cost.  I compete on quality of service

Also, trust your instincts. Does the realtor present professionally in speech and dress?  Is the realtor affiliated with a reputable company and refer you to outstanding mortgage lenders and home inspectors? Does the realtor treat you with the courtesy you deserve, no matter the price point of your home?


You have a lot of choices.  Ask your friends for referrals, but be sure to ask your own good questions and trust your instincts in choosing a realtor.

No comments:

Post a Comment